How we collect and use your personal information
In order to provide the Services, we collect and have collected over the past 12 months your personal information from various sources as set out below. The information we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use the information we collect about you to communicate with you, to provide the Services, to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights and those our users or others.
What personal data do we collect?
The types of personal information we obtain about you depend on how you interact with our Site and use our Services. When we use the term "personal information", we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with a user. The sections below describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information collected directly from you
Information you provide to us directly through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details, including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address.
- Order information including name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, telephone number.
- Account information including username, password, security questions.
- Information about your purchases, including products viewed, products placed in your cart or added to your wishlist.
- Customer service information, including information you choose to provide in communications with us, such as by sending a message through the Services.
Certain features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may choose not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information collected using cookies
Information obtained from third parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including vendors and service providers, who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies that operate our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
- Our payment processors who collect payment information (e.g. bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process payments in order to fulfill orders and provide the products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we or third parties we work with may automatically collect certain information through online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, development kits, third party libraries and cookies.
How we use your personal information
- Providing products and services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process payments, fulfill orders, send you notifications related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, create, maintain and manage your account otherwise, arrange shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges, and allow you to post reviews.
- Marketing and advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as sending marketing, advertising and promotional messages via email, text message or postal mail, and to display advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Security and fraud prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activities. If you choose to use the Services and register for an account, you are responsible for ensuring the security of your account credentials. We strongly recommend that you do not share your username, password or other access details with anyone. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Communication with the user. We use your personal information to provide you with customer service and to improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests to respond to your needs, provide you with effective services and maintain a business relationship with you.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can set your browser to remove or reject cookies using your browser controls. Please note that deleting or blocking cookies may negatively impact your user experience and may result in some Services, including certain features and general functionality, not functioning properly or no longer being available. Additionally, blocking cookies may not completely prevent information from being shared with third parties, such as our advertising partners.
How we disclose personal information
- With vendors or other third parties who provide services on our behalf (e.g. IT management, payment processing, data analysis, customer service, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- When you request or otherwise consent to us disclosing certain information to third parties, for example for the purpose of shipping products or through the use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- To our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests of running a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction, such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to defend or defend Services, our rights and the rights of our users or others.
|Category||Categories of Recipients|
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information to infer user characteristics.
Over the past 12 months, we have "sold" and "shared" (as those terms are defined in applicable law) personal information to engage in advertising and marketing activities in the following ways.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information||Business and marketing partners|
|Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased and shopping information||Business and marketing partners|
|Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data||Business and marketing partners|
The Services may allow you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit User-Generated Content to any public area of the Services, that User-Generated Content will be public and available to anyone.
We do not control who has access to the information you choose to share with others, and we cannot ensure that sites that have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide publicly, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our Site may contain links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you link to sites not affiliated with or controlled by us, please review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information found on such sites. Information you provide in public or semi-public areas, including information shared on third-party social media platforms, may also be visible to other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party platforms without restrictions on our or the third party's use of it. Our inclusion of such links does not in itself imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
The Services are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with personal information, you may contact us using the contact details provided below to request that we delete it.
Security and storage of user data
Please remember that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee "perfect security". Additionally, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecured channels to transmit confidential or sensitive information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on various factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce other applicable laws.
Rights and choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal data. However, these rights are not absolute and may only apply in certain circumstances, and in some cases we may refuse your request in accordance with the law.
- Right of access/knowledge. You may have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, including details of how we use and share your data.
- Right to erasure. You may have the right to request that we delete your personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to correct. You may have the right to request that inaccurate personal data that we hold about you be corrected.
- The right to transfer data. In certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to request that it be transferred to a third party.
- The right to opt out of sales, sharing or targeted advertising. You may have the right to ask us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt-out of processing your personal information for purposes that are considered "targeted advertising" as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out signal enabled, depending on where you are located, we will automatically treat this as a request for you to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for your device and browser. uses to visit the Site.
- The right to limit and/or opt out of the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. You may have the right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to provide the Services or goods that an average individual could reasonably expect.
- Restriction of processing: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you may have the right to withdraw that consent.
- Appeal: You may have the right to appeal our decision if we refuse to process your request. You can do this by replying directly to our rejection.
- Manage your communication preferences: We may send you promotional emails and you can unsubscribe from them at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as messages about your account or orders you have placed.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. Before we can meaningfully respond to your request, we may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information. In accordance with applicable law, the user may appoint an authorized representative to submit applications on his behalf in order to exercise his rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide evidence that you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, and we may require you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required by applicable law.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live, you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details provided below, or to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside the country in which you reside, including in the United States. Your personal data is also processed by employees and external service providers and partners in these countries.
If we transfer your personal data outside Europe, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms such as the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses or any equivalent agreement issued by the relevant UK competent authority, unless the transfer is to a country that has been recognized as providing an adequate level of protection.